SR CarnoSyn® Supported Claims
SR CarnoSyn® beta-alanine claims. The following claims and references are provided here for informational purposes only and should be reviewed by your legal counsel prior to use in marketing materials, including product labels. Each suggested claim includes references to a scientific article in a peer-reviewed journal that published associated research results.
- SR CarnoSyn® delivers high levels of beta-alanine more comfortably in a single dose.* Decombaz J, et al., 2011. Effect of slow-release beta-alanine tablets on absorption kinetics and paresthesia. Amino Acids, 43(1): 67-76.
- SR CarnoSyn® achieves the recommended loading phase in as little as 30 days with a 5g daily dose.* Baguet A, et al., 2009. Carnosine loading and washout in human skeletal muscles. J Appl Physiol, 106: 837-842. And Harris RC, et al., 2009. Changes in muscle carnosine of subjects with 4 weeks of supplementation with a controlled release formulation of beta-alanine, and for 6 weeks post. FASEB J., 23:599.4. And Stellingwerff T, et al., 2012. Effect of two beta-alanine dosing protocols on muscle carnosine synthesis and washout. Amino Acids, 42(6): 2461-72.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine elevates muscle carnosine levels.* Baguet A. et al., 2009. Carnosine loading and washout in human skeletal muscles. J Appl Physiol, 106: 837-842. And Harris RC, et al., 2006. The absorption of orally supplied beta-alanine and its effect on muscle carnosine synthesis in human vastus lateralis. Amino Acids, 30(3): 279-289.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine increases the working capacity of muscle.* Stout JR, et al., 2006. Effects of twenty-eight days of beta-alanine and creatine monohydrate supplementation on the physical working capacity at the neuromuscular fatigue threshold. J Strngth & Cond. Rsrch, 20(4): 928-931.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine enhances the buffering capacity of muscle.* Derave W, et al., 2007. Beta-alanine supplementation augments muscle carnosine content and attenuates fatigue during repeated isokinetic contraction bouts in trained sprinters. J Appl Physiol., 103: 1736-1743.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine decreases acidosis. Baguet A, et al., 2010. Beta-alanine supplementation reduces acidosis but not oxygen uptake response during high-intensity cycling exercise. Eur J Appl Physiol., 108(3): 495-503.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine increases muscle strength.* Hoffman J, et al., 2006. Effect of creatine and beta-alanine supplementation on performance and endocrine responses in strength/power athletes. Int J Sport Nutr & Exer Metab., 16: 430-446.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine improves muscle endurance.* Smith A E, et al., 2009. Effects of beta-alanine supplementation and high level intensity interval training on endurance performance and body composition in men—a double-blind trial. J Int Soc Sports Nutr., 6: 5.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine delays fatigue during workout.* Derave W, et al., 2007. Beta-alanine supplementation augments muscle carnosine content and attenuates fatigue during repeated isokinetic contraction bouts in trained sprinters. J Appl Physiol., 103: 1736-1743.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine enhances exercise training.* Hill C A, et al., 2007. Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity. Amino Acids, 32:225-233.
- CarnoSyn® beta-alanine improves overall muscle performance.* Van Thienen R, et al., 2009. Beta-alanine improves sprint performance in endurance cycling. Med & Science in Sports & Exerc., 41(4): 898-903.